No one has ever had "acne". Acne can occur in all sexes and ages. Acne is caused by abnormal cell division causing the thickness of the upper skin cells around the pores area. This increases fat formation leading to acne, and if there is a bacterial infection, acne will become inflammation and spreading.
Acne in Childhood
Most of them are caused by hormonal changes. Hormone affecting acne is growth hormone stimulating the liver to produce Insulin-like Growth Factor (IGF1). This substance will stimulate the cells to produce more fat and cell division causing acne problems. Testosterone is another reason of acne in adolescents, and it can be found in both women and men. Its effect encourages fat-producing cells (sebum) which cause oily skin. People who have oily skin choose to use oil control products resulting in dryness. That is thus the cause of acne due to the irritation.
Acne in Adulthood
- Acne in adulthood: Most of them are caused by "stress" which causes abnormal function of the adrenal glands in producing hormones. People with thyroid problems will easily have acne problems. In some cases with gastrointestinal disorders, chronic inflammation in the digestive tract, weak intestinal mucosa, and abnormal digestive system, they will have abnormal immunity causing inflammation of acne.
- Menopausal acne: It is caused by the adrenal glands, which are responsible for the production of hormones, working abnormally. When menopause occurs, female hormones are lower while testosterone is still high. It results in many acne problems.
- Acne in the elderly: Most acne is clogged acne without any inflammation. The principle of acne treatment is to cure the initial cause and prevent the recurrence. Moreover, treating cystic acne and dealing with its side effects such as papules, hyperpigmentation, acne scars, and rolling scars are significant. The treatment may begin with checking the type of acne, the location of acne on the face, the type of drugs the patient takes, and the history of abnormality.
Taking a lot of anti-inflammatory drugs can cause acne because antibiotics will destroy good bacteria in the body affecting abnormal intestine function, which leads to chronic inflammation causing hard-healed acne. In addition, the excessive use of cosmetics can cause acne due to its chemicals.
The Acne Treatment of All Ages
- Hormone therapy is used to treat acne caused by hormonal disorders. This method can be done by taking birth control pills and abstaining from foods that stimulate hormone dysfunction to control acne breakouts.
- Adding bacteria or enzymes to reduce intestinal inflammation or taking supplements to help the intestinal mucosa turning to normal function are good for your health.
- Acne medication such as benzoyl peroxide in both topical and oral form is used in people with a lot of acne. In addition, the use of vitamin A group improves the skin function in term of exfoliation.
- Radiofrequency wave with air or nitrogen pumping will change to ozone causing the exfoliation of the skin cells at the micro level. It also does not cause wounds nor marks and helps to heal acne while killing germs. The treatment gives you a radiant facial skin and reduces your scars.
Acne problems can occur at any age. If you want to recover from it, you must treat from its initial cause. We therefore need to choose the treatment that is suitable for us and correspond to our problem and type of acne.