Thermage uses the Monopolar Radiofrequency (Monopolar RF) energy delivering heat from the tip into the deep layer of the skin to remodel existing collagen and elastin fibers and to stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin. New collagen and elastin fibers help tightening the skin, producing a smoother, giving natural sleeker and younger without affecting to the outer skin (epidermis). Moreover, the treatment effect is long lasting.
A thermage emits a Monopolar Radiofrequency or Monopolar RF with a frequency of 6.78 MHz delivering energy and producing heat into the deep skin layers. Radiofrequency will go down to the dermis about 4.3 mm and cool down the outer skin (epidermis) in order to protect the skin layer at the same time. Moreover, with the Comfort Pulse Technology (CPT) of the thermage, TENSE waves (Transcutaneous Electical Nerve Stimulation (TENS therapy)) are emitted from vibrating tip to inhibit the response signals from nervous system. During the RF emitting procedure from tip, the TENSE waves emitted are effectively reduced the thermal energy level of the epidermis by coworking with the precise Thermage Cool system, reducing the transmission of skin discomforting to the brain. The cooling system takes place before and after the transmission of radiofrequency energy to the skin. This innovation will make the patient feel more comfortable while undergoing the treatment. Therefore, the heat energy transmitted to the collagen and elastin fibers is limited to dermis layer and subcutaneous adipose tissue without damaging the epidermis. The heat will tighten loosening collagen and elastin fibers and stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin. New collagen and elastin grows to firm face, shrink large pores, and reduce wrinkles and subcutaneous layer thickness. The effect of treatment remains constant.
With the efficiency of the machine and the treatment of Medisci Medical Center, there are many tips which doctors can choose according to the patient's problem as follows:
1. EYES TIP 0.25 (TT0.25 NB1-225) (Green) has 225 shots per tip emitting 6.78 MHz high radiofrequency energy into the skin about 1.1 mm. The cross section of the Eyes TIP is 0.25 square centimeters which is suitable for treating the eyelids (For the skin around eyes (periorbital area) should be used 450 shots or based on the evaluation of the physician.
2. FACE TIP 3.0 (TT3.00 C3-600) (Blue) has 600 shots (shot) per tip emitting high radio frequency energy at 6.78 MHz with a depth of the skin approximately 2.4 mm. With a cross section of 3.00 square centimeters, it is suitable for using with face and neck and people who don't have severe firming problems. However, the treatment plan depends on the evaluation of the physician.
3. TOTAL TIP 3.0 (TT3.00 E4-900 or E4-1200) (Orange) has 900 shots or 1,200 shots per tip emitting high radiofrequency at 6.78 MHz with a depth of the skin about 4.3 mm. With 3.00-square-centimeters cross section, it is suitable for using with face, neck and body and people with severe problems. However, the treatment plan depends on the evaluation of the treating doctor.
4. BODY TIP 16.0 (TT3.00 E2-400) (Orange) has 400 shots per tip emitting high radio frequency energy at 6.78 MHz with a depth of the skin about 4.3 mm. With 16.00-square-centimeters cross section, it is suitable for treating whole body and people who have body skin tightening problems. However, the treatment plan depends on the evaluation of the treating doctor.
Thermage is suitable for people who have face sagging from wrinkles or excessive fat and want to tighten the skin, firm the face and rejuvenate skin to be more healthy and smoother.
1. Treatment can be procedured to all skin tones and all areas of the body.
2. People who have wrinkles and fine lines around eyes and at the end of the eyelids.
3. People with wrinkles on the face.
4. People who have accumulated fat on the face causing loosened face shape especially under the chin.
5. People who have wrinkles around the mouth and cheeks
6. People with wrinkles around the neck and décolletage
7. People with cellulite problem or fat accumulation in different parts of the body.
8. Those with large pores
Postoperative care and precautions:
1. Unlike other surgeries, patients don't need to prepare themselves before undergoing thermage, but they should be assessed a shot count prior to the treatment.
2. After treatment, patients can immediately do normal daily activities.
3. Some patients may have temporary slight redness after the procedure. These symptoms generally resolve on their own within 5 days or may last up to a month.
4. May cause pain while doing treatment. Pain can be reduced by applying anesthesia for 1-2 hours before the treatment.
5. There may be a hematoma in case of blood vessel injuries due to energy attacking. This symptom can be resolved 3-7 days after the treatment.
6. Patients may feel temporarily numb.
7. It may cause wavy skin including mild itching on the skin.
8. It may cause scars in case of using wrong techniques.
9. The treatment effect will be noticeable in about 3 months, each treatment will last for 1-2 years.
10. Patients should be followed up after 3 months for reassessment.
11. People who have fracture history on the treatement area should consult a doctor before undergoing treatment.
12. May cause darker skin color in some cases which will disappear by itself
The Thermage® is not recommended in patients with:
1. Pacemakers and electronic device implantation
Complied by Research and Development department [ Revised 8/11/59 ]