A laser technology from Candela Company, USA, is gentle for your skin, very highly effective for hair removal in white patients, and valuably fixing skin pigment problems. Operated by a professional physician, a high-resolution cooling technology combined with the laser which has precise energy and emits time causes the most satisfying result without any red spot, dark spot, or wound after injury.
Gentle Lase is a long-pulsed alexandrite laser with 755 nm wavelength and 53 J of energy. Laser is well-absorbed by melanin pigment, so it is beneficial for decreasing skin pigment in the epidermis, dermis, and hair follicles. Moreover, it can treat vascular disorders in superficial skin, age spots, and normal freckles, and it is able for permanent hair reduction in white patients. After treatment with Gentle Lase, no wound will have occurred, and patients can do their normal activities. Physicians can choose different sizes of tip including 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, and 18 mm depending on treatment areas.
- Permanent hair reduction
- Pigmented lesions including Lentigines (Age spot), Solar Lentigines (Sunspot), Freckles, and Epidermal Melasma
- Vascular vein with a diameter smaller than 2.5 mm on the face and body
- Pseudofolliculitis barbae
- Depend on physician’s recommendations
1. Hair removal treatment time is only 10-15 minutes
depending on different areas. Patients should stop any temporary hair removal such as plucking or waxing at least 4 weeks before treatment
- Before treatment: Shaving your hair around the treatment area and leaving its stubble for 1-2 mm. The treatment area should be dry and clean before the laser is shot.
- After treatment: Slightly redness and swelling can normally occur. Patients should apply a cool pack for 10-15 minutes or until those symptoms are disappeared.
2. Wrinkle reduction
- Before treatment: Clean your face or treatment area and dry your skin for letting laser able to penetrate those areas. If your hair around those areas is thick and abundant, shaving should be done for avoiding burn and poor penetration into the deep skin layers.
- After treatment: Your face may be tightened and swollen. Patients may apply cool pack for 10-15 minutes or until those symptoms are disappeared. Don’t worry, if you feel skin tight, your pore is minimized.
3. Pigmented lesion treatment
In case of freckles, dark spots, or melanin treatment, clean and dry your face or treatment area for the most penetrating of the laser. After treatment, those lesions will become darkening, and some patients may have thin crusts. Those crusts will be gradually peeled off and faded within 10-14 days without any speckles. Patients must not disturb those areas, should apply moisturizer or sunscreen over 30 SPF, and should avoid strong sunlight.
4. Facial and leg vein treatment
Facial and leg vein treatment with Gentle Lase is suitable for blue-black or red veins which is smaller than 2.5 mm
- Before treatment: Shaving to avoid burnt hair and poor penetration of laser. Shot the laser with a distance gauge vertically and close to your skin.
- After treatment: Slightly redness and swelling can occur. Patients should apply a cool pack for 10-15 minutes or until those symptoms are disappeared.
- Treatment cannot be done in white hair.
- In the case of hair bleaching, the treatment can be done after 2 - 4 weeks or depending on the physician’s recommendations.
- Shave the treatment area before treatment to avoid superficial skin burns. If shaving is not done, the laser will absorb outer hair causing unwanted side effects. Moreover, the laser is unable to penetrate the inner skin causing ineffective results.
- In case of using anesthesia for pain relief, the treatment area must be dry before treatment to avoid side effects.
- The treatment area should be dry and clean. Cool packs and a blower are not recommended during treatment because the laser will absorb water causing many side effects. Those devices can be only used after treatment.
- Cold allergy patients should notify their physician before treatment.
- Patients taking anticoagulants, iron supplements, or any herb such as ginkgo biloba, ginseng, or garlic extracts may have blood vessel rupture. Patients should thoroughly take the physician’s instructions before treatment.
- Patients having a history of hypertrophic scar should notify their physician before treatment.
- Patients with any device implantation such as pacemakers or cardioverters should intensively consult a doctor.
- Patients taking vitamin A, AHA, or Roaccutane. (Patients must stop taking those drugs at least 1-3 months before treatment or depending on physician’s discretions).
- Hair removal and varicose vein treatment on tattoo areas.
- Open wound areas.
- Sunburn patients (taking strong sunlight or having a beach trip).
- Photosensitize patients.
- Pregnancy women
- Patients with a history of epilepsy caused by light*.
- Patients with a history of taking any drug causing photosensitivity. Patients should stop taking those drugs for at least 3-5 days*.
- Patients should stop taking Accutane for at least 6 months or depending on the physician’s discretions.
- Depend on the physician’s discretions