Currently, cancer is the critical cause of death for Thai people. The most common cancers include breast cancer, cervical cancer, liver cancer, intestinal cancer, lung cancer and skin cancer. Cancer is a malignant tumor that turned from normal cells. These malignant cells will grow and spread quickly around the normal cells which the body cannot control causing nodules or large malignant wounds.This spread causes bleeding from vascular damage or Cancer is a malignant tumor that turned from normal cells. These malignant cells will grow and spread quickly around the normal cells which the body cannot control causing nodules or large malignant wounds.
The Causes of Skin Cancer
- Too much sunlight exposure, especially those with fair skin, sunburn experience, or sunbathe regularly
- High dose of X-rays
- Changes in chronic wounds, such as burn scars
- Chronic irritation from chemicals such as receiving high doses of arsenic from traditional medicine for a long time
- Caused by congenital
Types of Common Skin Cancers
- Basal Cell Carcinoma: the most common skin cancer. It is a nodule with folded edge, black pigment, blister, and flat patches found in areas that are exposed to direct sunlight such as the face and hands. This type of cancer will grow slowly and often does not spread to other parts. If the treatment is done, the lesion can be cured.
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma: the second most common skin cancer. It is flaky, crust, nodule, redness, blister, and easily bleeding. The lesion is often found in areas that are exposed to sunlight and can spread to other areas. If detected in the initial stage, it can be cured.
- Malignant melanoma: the least common skin cancer. Nonetheless, it is serious and has the highest mortality rate. It resembles a mole, fleck, or black spot on the skin. The lesion is found in the skin and other organs, and it can spread quickly along the lymph nodes, bloodstream, and various organs.
We should carefully examine our bodies thoroughly by looking in the mirror as follows
- Raise arms up and check arms, armpits, hands, back of hands, and elbows.
- Check the front and back of thighs, calves, shins, feet, insteps, and skin between fingers.
- Examine the back, front, and back of the neck, scalp, and hairline.
- If abnormal nodules are found in the body, you should consult a doctor. When a doctor diagnose and suspect that skin cancer may occur, a biopsy should be done for microscopic examination. And if it is skin cancer, the doctor will conduct a special examination to see if the cancer cells have spread to other organs or not.
Skin Cancer Prevention
- Avoid sunlight, especially from 10 am to 3 pm, which has a maximum UV level.
- Wear light-fitting clothing, wide-brimmed hats, or use an umbrella when exposed to the sun.
- Apply sunscreen with an SPF of more than 30 on a daily basis.
- Regularly check your body. When any skin abnormalities are found, you should consult a doctor.
- Take foods such as vegetables, fruits, and grains that contain anti-cancer substances such as strawberries, blueberries, oranges, carrots, tomatoes, beans, broccoli, collard, and spinach, or may take supplements with anti-cancer effects such as beta carotene, vitamin C, zinc, and selenium.
Skin Cancer Treatment
The dermatologist will diagnose and consider the appropriate treatment for the skin cancer lesions. There are many methods, including
- Surgery to remove the tumor with a blade or carbon dioxide laser
- Radiation to kill local cancer cells, especially cancer that has spread to other organs such as the brain, lungs, and liver.
- Chemotherapy by eating or injecting to eliminate cancer cells.
- Interferon or interleukin therapy to stimulate body's immune
The Side Effects of Treatment
- Surgery may cause scarring such as keloid, or lymphadenectomy may cause the legs or arms swelling.
- Radiation may cause hair loss in irradiated areas or fatigue.
- Chemotherapy may cause anemia, infection, easy bleeding, or hair loss.
- Immunization may experience pain in the body, anorexia, or diarrhea.
Alternative Medicine Treatment Program
The key of treatment is to always strengthen the body's immune system because when the immune system is strong enough, cancer cells will be destroyed. Moreover, strong immunity also prevents the growth and spread of cancer cells. This can be done by adjusting eating habits and daily life, including
1. Detoxify the body to reduce inflammation
The accumulation of toxins and free radicals in the body that may be the cause of cancer cells. It also helps to increase the body's immunity and can do with the following methods
2. Providing intravenous vitamins
which contains a variety of antioxidants that are necessary for the removal of wastes or toxins from the body. It can accelerate the liver to completely eliminate toxins. In addition, it has anti-inflammatory effects and also contains nutrients such as vitamin B, minerals, calcium, and magnesium which relieve chronic fatigue and tiredness. Moreover, it also increases the body's immunity, which is the cornerstone of the prevention and treatment of cancer.
3. Ozone Therapy
Ozone therapy is a mixture of blood, ozone, and oxygen outside the body and then bring back into the body again. This treatment enhances blood flow, improves the liver to eliminate toxins, and increases the amount of oxygen for cellular respiration which will stop the growth of cancer cells. It is considered as an additional alternative medicine that can combine with modern medicine.
4. Providing H2O2 (Hydrogen peroxide)
Providing H202 is one of the effective treatments that control energy production, increase blood circulation, and stimulate the immune system, which is the cornerstone of the prevention and treatment of cancer.
5. Far Infrared
Infrared can penetrate to the subcutaneous fat layer which is an area where toxins are accumulating. Therefore, it accelerates the excretion of sweat and toxic substances from the body including heavy metals, chemicals, and toxins that dissolve in fat to come out with sweat, nourishes cells to get more nutrients and oxygen due to better blood flow, and reduces inflammation in the body. Therefore, it can prevent cancer.
6. Nutrition therapy
- Eat low-fat foods: Most studies have found that eating fruits and vegetables that contain antioxidants, high dietary fiber, and low fat will reduce the risk of cancer.
- Choose clean and fresh food. Should not eat food that has been stored for a long time without warming or boiling again or dried food that is not sure to be newly made, such as bread in stores that have no expiration date.
- Eat more variety of fruits and vegetables, such as cabbage, cauliflower, kale, turnip, broccoli, carrots, spinach, tomatoes, apples, guava, dragon fruit, etc., waste-free, or thoroughly wash fruits and vegetables are preferred to reduce the exposure to chemicals or toxic substances that are carcinogenic.
- Reduce fermented food, grilled-smoked food, and food preservation with nitrate-nitrite salt which is a carcinogen.
- Do not eat raw foods such as Koi Pla, pickled fish, etc.
- Refrain from eating foods that cause inflammation in the body, including processed foods such as dried shrimp, Chinese sausage, and sun-dried pork; foods that are high in starch and sugar such as soft drinks and desserts; and foods with artificial flavors and colors.
- Take supplements that reduce inflammation, increase antioxidants, improve immunity, and lower the risk of cancer, such as vitamin E, lycopene, broccoli extract, black pepper extract, turmeric extract, cauliflower extract, vitamin D3, etc.
- Stop drinking alcohol.
- Exercising and Reducing high-energy foods
7. Shower At Least 2 Times A Day
Morning and before going to bed. Scrub with the soap thoroughly, especially in areas exposed to moisture such as armpits, inframammary folds, and inguinal areas (should use baby soap). The shower will prevent the growth of germs on the skin. After showering, dry yourself off and apply fragrance-free body lotion to prevent dry skin. The powder is not recommended because it can lead germs into the lungs.
8. Avoid Getting Toxic Substances
From pollutants pesticides, chemicals, and heavy metals into the body.
In addition, skin cancer should be monitored strictly according to the doctor's appointment.
Moreover, patients should keep observing abnormal symptoms in the body. If abnormal symptoms occur, do not ignore them. You should consult a doctor to examine and diagnose thoroughly whether it is a cancer cell or it has spread to other organs or not. These abnormal symptoms include.
- Abnormal or changed urinary system, such as constipation and diarrhea, bloody stool, bloody urine
- Sore throat, hoarseness, and chronic cough
- Changes of wart or nevi such as abnormally large size, shape change, or blister and bleeding.
- Nodules in different parts of the body or rapidly grow.
- Chronic wounds which are incurable
- Indigestion, flatulence, nausea, and loss of appetite
- Pain at back and lumbago