A laser developed by Candela, USA, is gentle and extremely effective in hair removal for all skin types. Moreover, it can be used for treating any vascular disorders not bigger than 2.5 mm in both face and legs and reducing wrinkles. Operated by professional physician, a high resolution cooling technology combining with laser which has precise energy and emit time causes the most satisfying result.
Gentle Yag is a long pulse Nd (YAG laser) with 1064 nm wavelength and 80 J of energy. It can deeply go down the skin and very specific to skin pigment around hair follicle. Therefore, it can eliminate black and brown hair in all skin types. Moreover, it is well absorbed by red blood cells, so it can be used for treating blue-black varicose veins which have either small or large size as well as stimulating skin collagen without dark spots on treatment area. While laser is working, DCD (Dynamic Cooling Device), copyrighted by Candella, will cool down your upper skin layer before every laser shot. This causes upper skin layer protection and any red or black spot will not be occurred after treatment. In addition, Gentle Yag causes no wound, and patients can do their normal activities.
Depending on size of lesions, the tip sizes are as follows:
Varicose veins on face and legs: 1.5, 3 mm
Wrinkle reduction: 6, 8, 10 mm
Hair removal: 12, 15, 18 mm
1. Hair removal
Treatment time is only 10-15 minutes depending on different areas. For the most effective result, patients should stop any temporary hair removal such as plucking, waxing, or electrolysis at least 6 weeks before treatment. Treatment course is about 3-5 times, and each should be done every 4 weeks depending on physician’s recommendations.
Before treatment: Shaving your hair around treatment area and left its stubble for 1-2 mm. Treatment area should be dry and clean before laser is shot.
After treatment: Slightly redness and swelling can be normally occurred. Patients should apply cool pack for 10-15 minutes or until those symptoms are disappeared. Moreover, patients should avoid sunlight and regularly apply lotion and sunscreen over 30 SPF.
2. Wrinkle reduction or skin tightening
Before treatment: Clean your face or treatment area and dry your skin for letting laser able to penetrating those areas. Patients may sense burnt smell, and facial tiny hair can be burned. However, your face will become smoother. If your hair around those areas is thick and abundant, shaving should be done for avoiding burn and poor penetration.
After treatment: Your face may be tightened and swollen. Patients should usually use lotion and sunscreen over 30 SPF.
3. Facial and leg vein treatment with Gentle Yag is suitable for blue-black veins which is smaller than 2.5 mm
Before treatment: Shaving to avoid burnt hair. If there is hair around treatment area, laser will be unable to penetrate deep skin layer.
After treatment: Slightly redness and swelling can be occurred. Patients should apply cool pack for 10-15 minutes or until those symptoms are disappeared.
1. Treatment cannot be done in white hair or bleached hair.
2. In case of hair bleaching, the treatment can be done after 2-4 weeks or depending on physician’s recommendations.
3. Shave the treatment area before treatment to avoid superficial skin burn. If shaving is not done, laser will absorb outer hair causing unwanted side effects. Moreover, laser is unable to penetrate inner skin causing ineffective results.
4. In case of using anesthesia for pain relief, treatment area must be dry before treatment to avoid side effects.
5. Treatment area should be dry and clean. Cool pack and blower is not recommended during treatment because laser will absorb water causing many side effects. Those devices can be only used after treatment.
6. Cold allergy patients should notify physician before treatment.
7. Patients taking anticoagulants, iron supplements, or any herb such as ginkgo biloba, ginseng, or garlic extracts may have blood vessel rupture. Patients should thoroughly take physician’s instructions before treatment.
8. Patients having history of hypertrophic scar should notify physician before treatment.
1. Patients with any device implantation such as pacemaker or cardioconverters should intensively consult a doctor.
2. Patients taking vitamin A, AHA, or Roaccutane. (Patients must stop taking those drugs at least 1-3 months before treatment or depending on physician’s discretions).
3. Hair removal and varicose vein treatment on tattoo areas.
4. Open wound areas.
5. Sunburn patients (taking strong sunlight or having a beach trip).
6. Photosensitize patients.
7. Pregnancy women
8. Patients with history of epilepsy caused by light*.
9. Patients with history of taking any drug causing photosensitivity. Patients should stop taking those drugs at least 3-5 days*.
10. Patients should stop taking Accutane at least 6 months or depending on physician’s discretions.
11. Depend on physician’s discretions