Thermage uses the Monopolar Radiofrequency (Monopolar RF) energy delivering heat from the tip into the deep layer of the skin to remodel existing collagen and elastin fibers and to stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin. New collagen and elastin fibers help tightening the skin, producing a smoother, giving natural sleeker and younger without affecting to the outer skin (epidermis). Moreover, the treatment effect is long lasting.
With the efficiency of the machine and the treatment of Medisci Medical Center, there are many tips which doctors can choose according to the patient's problem as follows:
Postoperative care and precautions:
1. Unlike other surgeries, patients don't need to prepare themselves before undergoing thermage, but they should be assessed a shot count prior to the treatment.
2. After treatment, patients can immediately do normal daily activities.
3. Some patients may have temporary slight redness after the procedure. These symptoms generally resolve on their own within 5 days or may last up to a month.
4. May cause pain while doing treatment. Pain can be reduced by applying anesthesia for 1-2 hours before the treatment.
5. There may be a hematoma in case of blood vessel injuries due to energy attacking. This symptom can be resolved 3-7 days after the treatment.
6. Patients may feel temporarily numb.
7. It may cause wavy skin including mild itching on the skin.
8. It may cause scars in case of using wrong techniques.
9. The treatment effect will be noticeable in about 3 months, each treatment will last for 1-2 years.
10. Patients should be followed up after 3 months for reassessment.
11. People who have fracture history on the treatement area should consult a doctor before undergoing treatment.
12. May cause darker skin color in some cases which will disappear by itself
The Thermage® is not recommended in patients with:
1. Pacemakers and electronic device implantation
Complied by Research and Development department [ Revised 8/11/59 ]