What is Varicose Vein?
Varicose veins are enlarged, swollen, and twisted veins lying in the superficial skin layer, caused by abnormal vein valves, circulated blood that is refluxed and congested in veins. Moreover, prolonged sitting or standing, being overweight, and regularly high heels wearing are other main causes of this problem.
Symptoms of Varicose Vein
- Bulging, bluish-purple, and twisted veins in lower legs, bend of the knees, and thighs.
- Might feel pain or have swollen feet. Patients will feel more pain while standing or sitting for a long time.
- Muscle cramping at night
- In the severe case, patients may have inflamed vein (phlebitis) and ruptured vein.
- Sclerotherapy causes varicose veins to collapse and stick together within 6-8 weeks. Retreatment is necessary in some cases. This technique is suitable for small varicose veins. There might be some side effects after treatment including swelling, slightly itchy, or vein occlusion.
- Vein stripping is suitable for large and long varicose veins and patients who are unable to treat by sclerotherapy.
- Laser therapy is suitable for varicose veins smaller than 2.5 mm. It can be done in the face and all of your body.