The high blood sugar level But has not yet reached the threshold of diabetes Call this condition "Risk of pre-diabetes" with blood glucose values after fasting at 8 hours will be at 100-125 levels. The cumulative average glucose in the selection is at 5.7-6.4 levels.
The main cause of this condition Is that the hormones in the body are insulin resistant and do not pull sugar from the blood into the cells Resulting in high blood sugar levels at all times. If left indefinitely Will eventually develop into "diabetes".
How to take care of yourself to reduce the risk of diabetes. And reduce blood sugar levels can be done as follows.
- Avoid foods that are high in sugar. Or white flour such as soda water, soft drinks, desserts, bakery Sweet fruit
- Eat whole-grain foods such as brown rice, whole grains, vegetables and fruits that are not very sweet. Exercise regularly And control body weight to be normal
- Avoiding factors that affect high glucose levels, such as stress, rest, sleep late at night, including smoking.
- Choose supplements for certain groups That helps to reduce insulin resistance And stimulate the cells. Pull blood sugar to better use, such as Omega 3 groups, minerals, vitamin D, supplements that are extracts from plants. Polyphenols, flavonoids, however, should consult a doctor before eating
- Should draw the blood repeatedly At least every 3 months until the blood sugar level drops to normal levels.
Information provided by: Dr. Narumon Thongsriiam
Compiled by: Medisci