Anyone who likes to drink coffee probably wants to know how to drink coffee to be benefit for your body.
Today, the doctor will suggest 6 tips to drink coffee for your health.
1. The type of coffee: You should drink black coffee, which does not fill anything because the addition of milk, sugar, or creamer will increase too many calories to your coffee. Iced coffee with milk and sugar can have a calorie count up to 300 kcal resulting in obesity easily. The original black coffee have 2 types which are hot and cold extractions. The advantage of cold brew coffee is less acidic, so people who feel uncomfortable in their stomach, have acid reflux, or have gastritis while drinking normal coffee can drink cold brew coffee as it makes you feel more comfortable in the stomach. For the amount of antioxidants, the research found that hot brew coffee have the amount of antioxidants that are higher than the cold brewed coffee.
2. Caffeine in coffee stimulates the body's metabolism, so, before exercise, you should drink black coffee first. This will results in better fat burning.
3. The amount of coffee drinking: The proper amount should not be more than 1-2 cups of coffee per day because too much coffee will cause the excessive caffeine intake in daily. As a result, it leads to several symptoms including palpitations, insomnia, or increased pressure.
4. Due to the caffeine in coffee has an effect to increase the excretion of calcium and water discharged through urine, apart from the limited amount of drinking in each day, it is also necessary to take calcium supplements from foods such as green leafy vegetables, sesame, and nuts. Moreover, those who drinking coffee should increase the amout of drinking water per day to reduce the risk of developing osteopenia and dehydration.
5. Drinking coffee will acidify the body. Therefore, we should not drink coffee with dessert or foods high in sugar because these foods will increase the acidity in the body, too. A better alternative way is eating fruits after drinking coffee since it is alkaline, so it can help balance the acidity in the blood.
6. In people with problem of "High blood pressure" should not drink coffee because it can lead to the increasing of blood pressure. Moreover, people with underlying diseases must take medication regularly and always consult with your doctor before drinking coffee as coffee may interact with any medications you are taking.
Information provided by: Dr. Narumon Thongsriiam
Compiled by: Medisci