Melasma management consists of external and internal treatments
- Topical drug: Drugs inducing skin exfoliation or affecting skin cells production can cause less production of skin pigmentation. As a result, melasma will be faded.
- Laser or light therapy: This helps exfoliation of superficial skin by reducing vascular functions. Therefore, it can reduce melasma. However, postoperative care is required.
- Acupuncture helps adjusting hormonal balance.
- Natural substance injection (Homeopathy) helps stimulating cells function, reducing chemical substances from skin cells, enhancing skin immune, and adjusting hormonal balance.
- Taking supplements with antioxidants or improving liver functions can reduce melasma according to the study.